Friday, October 23, 2009

Beer and Wine, and Hunting, OH MY!

Well it's a Friday night in Floydada, and the town is hoppin'. I think Dairy Queen closes late, Allsups is open even later, and that is about it. Ok, I neglected to mention that Floydada is home to the one and only Boston Terrier museum. (At least I HOPE it is the one and only.)

Andy's best friend, Tory, and cousin, Kade, are spending the night so they can wake up at the butt-crack-of-dawn and go duck hunting. A group of about ten men are going duck hunting. If the hunt is successful, Andy said, "We will let the duck sit in the freezer a year, then throw them away. Duck is nasty."


Oh boy, a freezer full of duck. How did a girl get so lucky? If anyone wants Tur-duck-tin for Thanksgiving, give us a call. We'll supply the duck, you supply the turkey and chicken.

Besides the display of men being men tomorrow, err, I mean hunting, not much is  going on in F-dada.

I subbed for Samantha this morning.  I told her students, "Miss Lee is my sister."
One boy replied, "No, way, I thought you were Miss Lee's sister!!!"

 "I am, she is my sister, I am her sister, we have the same parents." What a hard concept for a 5th grader to grasp; our future is in good hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment